- Study with Us
- International Students
- Student Life
- About Us
“Get Your Irish Postgraduate Education Today!
RCSI Masters of Science in Health Research N/720/7/0051 (PA 4091) 01/19
This 2-year, part-time innovative programme is tailored to the career development needs of medical, allied health professionals, social science graduates or professionals looking to pursue or switch to a career in research. It is also suitable for those with no medical background but are looking to contribute to the industrial perspective of health research.
The course teaching is designed to facilitate people working full-time, adopting a blended learning approach, including weekend teaching and distance learning. The research component includes hands-on workshops and designated times for direct interaction with research supervisors.
Graduates are awarded a Master of Science of the RCSI and National University of Ireland (NUI). This is a level 9 award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in Ireland and is compliant with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE).
You will be conferred a Master of Science Degree in Health Research upon successful completion of the full programme. However, should applicants prefer a shorter course, you will be conferred:
- a Postgraduate Certificate upon successful completion of first 2 semesters
- a Postgraduate Diploma upon successful completion of first 3 semesters
Scholarships & Loans
Applicants may apply for:
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Withdrawals – http://www.kwsp.gov.my/portal/en/web/kwsp/home
Click here for the Brochure for more details: RCSI-PMC MSc Health Research_Online Brochure
Download the Application Form for September 2017 intake: APPLICATION FORM – RCSI MSc Health Research 2017
UCD MSc in Public Health (MPH) N/720/7/0090: PA 7199 (11/2020)
Public health problems are increasingly global problems, requiring global solutions. With the freer movement of people and human and animal foodstuffs, infectious diseases and contaminated products can become widely disseminated. The health of one country’s citizens is often dependent on the controls and public health infrastructure in operation in another country. Infectious disease, chronic diseases, obesity and protein energy malnutrition all have an international dimension.
The programme is aimed at those planning to pursue a career in local or international areas with modules and thesis focused particularly on public health issues. Students without relevant work experience will be given field work and case studies.
Students are jointly registered with UCD and PMC.
Graduates are awarded a Master of Science of the UCD and National University of Ireland (NUI). This is a level 9 award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in Ireland and is compliant with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). It is also an accredited degree with approval of the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE).
As a full-time course, you will be conferred a Master of Science Degree in Public Health upon successful completion of the full 1-year programme.
Employability & Progression
MPH graduates take up positions in their home country’s public health service or internationally with Global Agencies (WHO and FAO) or with NGOs engaged in health improvement initiatives around the world. The MPH is an entry qualification for the US CDC Epidemiology Investigation Service and similar Field Epidemiology programmes. MPH is a good foundation for students considering research and/ or academic public health.
In Malaysia, the MPH is the first step to being a Public Health specialist; students must proceed with a DrPH or a PhD to specialise.
Scholarships & Loans
Students may apply for:
1. Malaysia Ministry of Health (subject to availability from MOH) – for MOH employees only
2. MyBrainMyMasters 2017 scholarships (subject to terms from MoHE) – for Malaysian private sector employees (https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/MyBrain15/v2/)
3. Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Withdrawals – http://www.kwsp.gov.my/portal/en/web/kwsp/home
Click here for the MPH Brochure for more details: MPH International at PMC_Brochure 2017
Download the Application Form for September 2017 intake: APPLICATION FORM – UCD MPH 2017
Located within the premises of Penang Medical College, the RCSI Surgical Training Office oversees the conduct, organization and implementation of various RCSI examinations, courses and research. For Application and further information, please visit click on the link above.
- MRCS – The RCSI Membership Examination is an intercollegiate exam consisting of two parts: MRCS Part A and MRCS Part B. The Intercollegiate MRCS Examinations are held at Penang Medical College several times a year, with Part A held worldwide simultaneously.
- FRCS – RCSI collaborated with sister Royal Colleges to offer the Joint Surgical Colleges’ Fellowship Examination (JSCFE) in response to the growing need for an international examination that marks an endpoint of surgical training for doctors and certifies their capacity to act as independent practitioners.
- BSSC – The Intercollegiate Basic Surgical Skills Course is usually held 2-4 times a year at Penang Medical College and at other venues around the country. Certification and quality assurance is by RCSI.
Postgraduate Programmes at RCSI and UCD