Dr Yeow is an Associate Professor in Medicine at Penang Medical College. She is also a Consultant Endocrinologist at Penang General Hospital and Loh Guan Lye Specialist Centre. She graduated in 1997 from Trinity College Dublin, obtained her MRCP in 2000 and completed her postgraduate training Diabetes and Endocrinology in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge in 2007.
She was a consultant endocrinologist in Dublin prior to joining Penang Medical College in July 2008. Her main area of research is in Youth onset Diabetes Mellitus, Gestational Diabetes and Medical Education.
- MB BCH BAO (University of Dublin))
- MRCP (UK)
- FRCP (Edin)
- CCT in Diabetes and Endocrinology (UK)
- PgCertMedEd (Dundee)
- AM (M’sia)
- Youth onset Diabetes Mellitus
- Gestational Diabetes
- Medical Education
- Yeow TP, Pacini G, Tura A, Hor CP, Lim SL, Tan FH, Tong CV, Hong JY, Md Zain F, Holst JJ, Wan Mohamud WN. Preserved Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Responses to Oral Glucose, But Reduced Incretin Effect, Insulin Secretion and Sensitivity in Young Asians With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2017 Mar 10;5(1):e000352
- Yeow TP, Lim SL, Hor CP, Khir AS, Wan Mohamud WN, Pacini G. Impact of Vitamin D Replacement on Markers of Glucose Metabolism and Cardio-Metabolic Risk in Women with Former Gestational Diabetes–A Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Trial. PLoS One. 2015 Jun 9;10(6):e0129017.
- TP Yeow, AS Khir, AAS Ismail, IS Ismail, M Kamarul Imran, BAK Khalid, Nor Azmi Kamaruddin, YN Azwany, N Mustafa, A Osman, MD, SH Md Isa, WMW Bebakar, WMW Nazaimoon. Predictors of Ischaemic Heart Disease in Malaysian Population with Metabolic Syndrome. Diabet Med. 2012 Nov;29(11):1378-1384 [Original article]
- TP Yeow, WS Choo, AS Khir, LC Loh. Successive Objective Long-Case Assessment as a driver of Clerkship Learning- evaluation through perception questionnaire. Med Teach. 2012;34(3):257[Letter to Editor]
- TP Yeow, T C Chidambaram, JMK Azhary, ML Beh.Prevalence and Clinical significance of Early diagnosed Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. Medical Journal of Penang Hospital 2011; Vol 9 : 8-12 [Original article]
- Toh Peng Yeow, Wai Sun Choo, Amir S Khir, Li Cher Loh. Successive Objective Long-Case Assessment As A Driver Of Clerkship Learning- Evaluation Through Perception Questionnaire. IeJSME 2011: 5 (2): 3-11 [Original article]
- TP Yeow (Endocrine), BE Tan (Rheumatology), KP The (Endocrine and Rheumatology). The medical short case: an examination guide. Chapter 7: Endocrine & Rheumatology. Pg 225-257. Penang Medical Practitioners’ Society 2011; Phoenix Printers Sdn Bhd, Malaysia. [Book chapter]
- LC Loh, TP Yeow, ST Kew. The Final Year Medical Short Case: What Examiners Want. The medical short case: an examination guide. Pg 258-262. Penang Medical Practitioners’ Society 2011; Phoenix Printers Sdn Bhd, Malaysia. [Book chapter]
- TP Yeow, MKM Tan, LC Loh, J Blitz. An Investigation Into The Learning Styles, English Proficiency And Assessment Performance Of Medical Students. IeJSME 2010: 4 (1): 7-13 [Original article]
- McQuaid S, O’Gorman DJ, Yousif O, Yeow TP, Rahman Y, Gasparro D, Pacini G, Nolan JJ.. Early onset Insulin resistant diabetes in obese, Caucasians has features of typical type 2 diabetes, but 3 decades earlier. Diabetes Care, May 2005; 28(5): 1216-1218 [Original article]
- Moloney F, Yeow TP, Mullen A, Nolan JJ, Roche HM. Conjugated Linoleic acid supplementation, insulin sensitivity, and lipoprotein metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes. Am. J. Clinical Nutrition, October 1, 2004, 80(4): 887-895 [Original article]
- Yeow TP, Tomkin GH. A delayed diagnosis of Stiff Man Syndrome. Hosp Med. 2004 Mar;65(3):178-9. [Original article]