- Study with Us
- International Students
- Student Life
- About Us
On Saturday, April 11th, the soon-to-graduate, Class of 2015 will be presenting their elective experiences to win prizes and to inspire junior and senior medical students.
The Class of 2016 and 2017 are encouraged to attend the session as you will have better foresight for your own elective selection.
Time: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Venue: PMC Lecture Theatre
The medical students underwent a minimum of 6 weeks of elective experience from end-2014 to January 2015 at various hospitals throughout the world.
Choosing either a clinical, public health, family medicine or research pathways, students may be exposed to patient care within their area or research methodology.
Six presentations have been shortlisted, of which three candidates chosen by judges will win prizes and certificates. The judges are:
Here is the list of the shortlisted presentations:
1. Shanaz Md Shahrom – KPJ Johor Specialist Hospital, Johor Baru
2. Sarah Liyana Mohd Hisham – Western Health, Melbourne, Australia
3. Larry Ellee Anak Nyanti – Kuching General Hospital & Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Australia
4. Kunalini Anpalagan – Penang General Hospital & Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
5. Siti Nursafira Mohamad Ariffin – Orthopaedics, Kenaman Hospital
6. Mohamad Asri Dzulhilmi bin Jaini – Hospital Serdang
Additionally, the following 10 students were randomly chosen to briefly share their elective experiences:
1. Siti Khadijah Ahmad — Surgery, Seberang Jaya Hospital
2. Joshua Bakir — Private Clinic, Miri; Cardiology Dept, Mater Hospital, Dublin
3. Mohd Razeen Mohd Hasan — Surgery, National University Hospital, Singapore
4. Kaysen Yap — Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mater Hospital, Dublin
5. Nurzurida Zaid — Urology, Kuantan Hospital
6. Loshini Anandaraj — Colorectal Surgery, Sydney Hospital; Rehabilitation Medicine/Medicine, Ipoh Hospital
7. Yasir Ahmad — Cardiology Research (Audit), Penang Hospital; Medicine, Seberang Jaya Hospital; Surgery, Taiping Hospital
8. Mohd Fauzi Ismail — Medicine/Surgery, Seri Manjung Hospital
9. Azri Shazni Azhar — Medicine/Surgery, Seremban Hospital
10. Muhd Saifuddin Arif — Medicine, Temerloh Hospital
We’d like to wish all presenters the very best for tomorrow.